For the past two years The Pop Cop has thrown down the gauntlet to photographers to compete for our Best Scottish Music Photo competition and it’s time to launch the search for 2010′s star.
Legendary Scottish photographer Harry Benson has come on board again to cast his eye over this year’s submissions after taking such pleasure from judging the 2009 entries – I’m not kidding, he doesn’t get paid to do this!
The 2009 winner, Su Anderson, bagged first prize for her shot at the top of this post of Dananananaykroyd singer Calum Gunn at T in the Park.
Here’s all you need to know about this year’s competition and the treasure trove of goodies up for grabs:
- A pair of weekend camping tickets for the Belladrum Festival on August 5-6, 2011 (plus optional photopass)
- A pair of weekend camping tickets for the Loopallu Festival on September 16-17, 2011 (plus optional photopass)
- A £50 gift voucher to spend at Park Cameras
- The winning photograph displayed on The Pop Cop website’s sidebar for the next 12 months
- You can submit up to TWO photographs
- Each photo must have been taken in Scotland
- Each photo must have been taken in a live environment
- Each photo must have been taken in a music environment
- Each photo must have been taken in 2010
HOW TO ENTER
- Email your photo(s) as a jpeg attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title Photo Competition
- Include details of where and when you took each photo
- Include your full name, address and website/Flickr page if applicable
- The closing date for entries is January 6, 2011
Good luck! We’ll publish the results in January 2011.
Many thanks to the competition sponsors: