Hello, you beautiful human. Welcome to The Pop Cop’s live blog from this year’s SAY Award ceremony at the Barrowland Ballroom in Glasgow, which celebrates Scottish albums which were released in 2013.
There are 10 contenders in the shortlist, each artist bidding to scoop the first prize of £20,000. Not sure whether you are required to declare those winnings on your self assessment tax return, must ask RM Hubbert about that later…
If the URL at the top of your browser does not read http://thepopcop.co.uk/2014/06/live-blog-say-award-2014/ then you’ll want to click here to take you to our dedicated live blogging page, which will automatically refresh whenever there is a new entry.
First things first, let’s have your thoughts, please:
Which album do you want to win the 2014 SAY Award?
- Chvrches - The Bones of What You Believe (31%, 19 Votes)
- Young Fathers - Tape Two (15%, 9 Votes)
- Hector Bizerk - Nobody Seen Nothing (13%, 8 Votes)
- not fussed (11%, 7 Votes)
- The Pastels - Slow Summits (8%, 5 Votes)
- Biffy Clyro - Opposites (5%, 3 Votes)
- Edwyn Collins - Understated (5%, 3 Votes)
- RM Hubbert - Breaks & Bone (3%, 2 Votes)
- Steve Mason - Monkey Minds in the Devil's Time (3%, 2 Votes)
- Mogwai - Les Revenants (3%, 2 Votes)
- Boards Of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest (2%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 61